Mobility Scooters have Revolutionised personal independence and mobility for thousands of individuals and helped them to maintain an independent lifestyle.
Design and technology has improved by leaps and bounds over the last two decades. we have seen big improvements in battery technology and in the reliability and engineering prowess that is typical of todays modern machines.
Boot & Pavement vs Pavement & Road
When it comes to purchasing a mobility scooter it’s important to spend as much time as needed getting the best one for you. Whether you plan to simply make your life easier with a transportable model for the car or you want a road scooter, you need to make sure you’re purchasing the right one for you.
Boot scooters are compact and easy to dismantle which makes them ideal for the boot of your car. They allow you the flexibility and independence to go anywhere as they’re easily transportable.
When purchasing a medium or pavement scooter it’s important that you choose the one best suited to your needs. A scooter can make all the difference between being completely independent with no limits to being stuck in the house.
When purchasing a mobility scooter there are a few things to consider.
- Are you likely to take the scooter in the car with you? If you live out of town and would need to go on roads then maybe a road legal model is better suited or if you’re likely to transport it to a destination maybe a boot model would be better suited.
- Are you likely to use it in busy or tight spaces? If so you’ll need to consider a model which has a great manoeuvring record so that you can easily get out of tight spaces.
- What’s the access to your property like? Dependant on this you might need to consider a narrower model which will be better suited to your entrance.
Some of the above sounds very simple but it’s all worth considering when purchasing the right scooter for you.
Highway Code for Mobility Scooter Users
It’s important we know the rules of the road when using a road mobility scooter. for your safety and the safety of other road users. Find out more information here.
We don't shift boxes, we shift expectations
Want to get in touch?
- Call today for expert advice
- Drop in for a cup of tea and a chat, or
- Arrange a FREE, no obligation home visit
Find us on