At Osteopoise we are not convinced that the internet is an appropriate method of selling Medical devices directly to the public!
It’s an opinion and one based on very sound principals and we are not alone in that opinion. Before anyone mentions vast profits, rip off Britain or anything about everything for the disabled costing more than it should, or having an extra nought on the price, I can put your concerns to rest. Let me be abundantly clear, my company does not price it’s goods according to your postcode, age, gender or political persuasion. Our only priority is making sure you get the product and service you need and balancing that with our responsibility to ensure your needs are met now and in the future.
We are more than happy to discuss prices in general terms up front and to look at how to maximise benefits and features and minimise the cost wherever possible. We will be producing a price guide which will find its way onto the website at some point in the near future. We have nothing to hide and our staff will happily discuss prices with you. please bear in mind the following points:
- Only poor quality goods can be produced cheaply!
- The cheapest price or lowest cost is desirable but may not always the best product for the job
- The company offering the cheapest deal may not be the ideal company to purchase from. Ask about after sales service, does the company have its own workshop, its own engineers and the resources to support you and your product both in and out of the warranty period. talk is cheap, ask to see the evidence!
- A large number of our products are built to order or bespoke, they have a starting price for a standard build and options to build on that to make the product more bespoke or suitable for your needs. In some cases this can add significantly to the overall cost, in a lot of cases these costs can be minimal.
- We do not sell over the internet, our products and services reflect the level of professionalism and expertise that we can provide at a a fair and reasonable cost. There is widespread concern from health professionals and from organisations such as the BHTA (British Health Trades Association) and other parties including the OFT (Office of Fair Trading) about the methods and practices used by internet sellers, and not just in this industry but across the web in general.
- We are happy to provide you with a written estimate or quote for any work or product we provide.
- Obsessing on price is a distraction. Time and time again we hear the words “i got a bargain” only to be followed with a BUT….. it doesn’t do XYZ and or, i have now got a sore on my … sometimes it is useful to try before you buy and this is why we offer this facility. something you certainly wont get from a website!
I am sure there are many examples of appalling sales practices in the industry and I know of individuals that have even been imprisoned, fined and hit with proceeds of crime orders. Our industry is not immune from bad practice and has its fair share of rogues however it does not mean we are all complicit. This is one of many reasons why we are delighted to be part of the Buy with Confidence scheme operated by Trading standards. We always strive to give a good service at a fair price, backed by excellent service long after the warranty has run out.
Why is the Internet not appropriate to sell medical devices?
Put simply there are some devices that in themselves are pretty harmless. However if a product is not understood or not used as intended with an appreciation of its limits as well as your own limits without appropriate and considered advice from either a health professional or from a competent advisor then sometimes potentially costly and adverse problems can arise. One very good reason to talk to us about your requirements in full. You may also wish to consider using a private Occupational Therapist to advise you. We have contacts who will be happy to advise you, please just ask and we can put you in touch.